*UC00A is now in Rev2.0
*UC00A is now in Rev3.0
No more level shifter is necessary for PC to Microcontroller communication!
Serial communication is the most popular interface between the device and this applies to microcontroller and computer. UART is one of those serial interfaces. Classically, the most serial interface from a microcontroller to a computer is done through serial port (DB9). However, since computer serial port used RS232 protocol and microcontroller used TTL UART, a level shifter is needed between these interfaces. Recently, the serial port of computer have been phasing out, it has been replaced with USB. Of course, the most developer chooses USB to serial converter to obtain virtual serial port. The level shifter is still necessary for UART interface. Thus, Cytron decided to develop a USB to UART converter which offers USB plug and play, direct interface with a microcontroller and it provides low current 5V supply from the USB port.
UC00A are compatible with Window XP, Vista, 8, 10, Win7 (32-bit and 64-bit) and it appears as Virtual COM port on the computer.
USB micro B cable is not included.
- FTDI FT232RL USB to serial IC
- easy to use USB to UART converter
- Aiming development between computer and microcontroller, 3.3V or 5V logic.
- USB powered, no external source is required to use this converter
- 5V from USB port is available for the user.
- Configurable for 3.3V/5V UART interface.
- Easy to use 4 pin interface: Tx, Rx, GND, and 5V.
- CTS, RTS, DTR and DSR is pulling out to standard header pin solderable PCB pad.
- Plug and Play, the driver is needed for 1st time user only.
- Rev3.0 have 6 ways header socket for bootloader code into Arduino compatible board (BBFuino, PROMINI, Fio, ArduPilot, etc.
Enhancement on Rev3.0:
- Add slide side switch between 3.3V to 5.0V
- Use USB Mini-B to USB Micro B cable
- Remove 4-way connector
- Add 3.3V regulator, Max current 500mA
Dimension: 3.9cm x 2cm